Thursday 28 May 2009

Next stop - fantasy station...

Every morning I leave the house...walk a couple meters, cross the river, and there it is...the Station. I must say I am lucky to have at least a nice station..even though there a pigeons everywhere, and one has to be careful not to be the victim of some flying rat with digestive trouble...

As I am not into commitment in any way...I do not have a monthly travel card, but buy myself each day a new ticket. I know what you are thinking...an NO, leave me alone...I dont care!

Now - what the funny thing about travelling every day with the same train at the same time is, is not the ride itself...but the people you travel with.

There are certain people that you see each day. You enter the train and know already that there ll be there. Some you have seen that often that you already know their wardrobe...

Sometimes, when you catch their eye, or vice versa, you feel like smiling or saying "hello, how are you today" or simply nod. There is a certain familiarity that is difficult to explain. Often I wonder where they are traveling to or what they actually do.

But the fantasy behind it, the unknown, is often far more interesting and sexy than the truth. So best is to leave it this way and when entering the train simply look at someone and imagine what story hides behind that face...

No comments:

Post a Comment